We all can fall to temptation, normally without even realizing it. The Screwtape Letters are a riveting series of story-like letters that show how people can be tempted to turn away from God. Whether or not you believe in God, this story can teach you how to beware the parts of human nature that steer you away from your purpose and towards self-destruction.
Lewis’ Screwtape Letters is a great read for people of all ages, at least from middle school on. It is the tale of two demons, an older and a younger trying to tempt a man to bring him to Hell. And, the older demon is advising his nephew on how to do this successfully. You’ll see all the subtle ways that demons can tempt you and pull your attention away from where it should be.
“Satan, the leader or dictator of devils, is the opposite, not of God, but of Michael.”-C.S. Lewis
Here’s where you can find Lewis’s major works.
My hope in reading this book is that you can be vigilant of the work the Devil and his minions do to pull your attention away from God. And, maybe you’ll see some of the seemingly innocuous things that you let slide, but really could be a demon at work.
Enjoy solving today’s problems with the wisdom of the past? Join the Conversation of Our Generation.
163. Book Review | The Analects, The Doctrine Of The Mean, and The Great Learning by Confucius – Conversation of Our Generation
- 163. Book Review | The Analects, The Doctrine Of The Mean, and The Great Learning by Confucius
- 162. How To Engage In Discussions – Conversation The WGN Podcast
- 161. Book Review | Titus Andronicus By William Shakespeare
- 160. Restoring Traditional Architecture – Zach the Architect Interview
- 159. Book Review | Jefferson’s Great Gamble by Charles Cerami [A look at the Louisiana Purchase]
- 158. Justice, Politics, Reading and More with The Vital Masculinity Podcast
- 157. Book Review | Letter to a Suffering Church by Bishop Robert Barron
- 156. Art From the Point of View of an Artist – Amy Mastrine Interview
- 155. Book Review | How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- 154. How To Become A Published Author
Subscribe to our email list for our Recommended Reading, reviews on books and other content that can grow your store of knowledge. New products will be coming soon, exclusively for subscribers.
Also, you can find me on YouTube Conversation of Our Generation YouTube Channel.