The family is under attack in our culture today, with many ideologies attempting to undermine it. So, what can be one to push back? Last month, I reviewed a book that focused on saving the family from our culture. Dr. Scott Yenor joined me for an interview about his new book: The Recovery of Family Life. Tune in to learn more about what we need to do to save the family and halt the attack our culture is waging on it.
“This book is an attempt to show where the sexual revolution is heading — which is onward toward an abolition of marriage and the family… –I call it a rolling revolution.”Scott Yenor
Enter your email here for updates on the Conversation of Our Generation!
The Rolling Revolution
In his book, Yenor identifies a revolution that has been bubbling up for over a century in our culture. It combines liberal premises with other ideologies to create a never-ending revolution. Below, you’ll find how it’s described on the Yenor Book website:
Saving the Family From Our Culture
For me, I was happy to see a book that offered not just a discussion of the problem, but insight into how to solve it. In The Recovery of Family Life, Dr. Yenor proposes things like encouraging part time work for women and facilitating it through good policy. Furthermore, it’s important to recognize how “retail feminists” sell policies that have broader effects and oppose those policies. Policies like contraception, subsidized daycare, and pushing women into the workplace all serve to undermine the family. No matter what they may say about it, that is the end goal. But, in this interview he offers those solutions for saving the family from our culture.
219. Why a Political Philosophy Is Important | Natural Law by Lysander Spooner – Conversation of Our Generation
- 219. Why a Political Philosophy Is Important | Natural Law by Lysander Spooner
- 218. Political Division in America – What's Causing it, and How Do We Fix It?
- 217. The Use of Comedy in Literature | Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors
- 216. Confronting Feminism and Media Bias with Traditional Values
- 215. How to Tolerate Injustice | Lesson from the Martyrdom of Polycarp