In keeping with this week’s episode on history, I decided to bring out a book from my library on history to review today. In this episode, we’ll look at some of the secrets of history from this book. Basically, this book is a collection of short stories that many may not know about American history. Despite being a history buff, I hadn’t heard many of the stories, so I think there’s a lot of learning for anyone. Tune into this episode, I’ll show you why you should pick up your copy.
“It’s a very good historical book about history.”Dan Quayle
“History’s like a story in a way: it depends on who’s telling it.”–Dorothy Salisbury Davis
Some Shocking Secrets of History
How much about history do you really know? Did you know about Aaron Burr’s debauchery? How about John Edwards’ wayward grand nephew? If you want to learn incredible stories about our past, this book is where you want to look. In fact, some of the stories are truly unbelievable. Despite that, these did happen, and I think you’d be amazed by some of these stories. It’s definitely important to know the broad themes and movements of history. However, these little stories are great to know as well, and can make for a great way to get people interested in history.
Why History is Important to Learn
History is a part of our heritage, and it’s important to know where we come from. Furthermore, knowing history allows us to identify solutions in our current situation. There’s a common saying that those who don’t study history are doomed to repeat it, and that’s true. Most importantly, it offers us the knowledge we need to make decisions about our world. This is because it puts things in perspective by broadening our frame of reference.
199. Time to Fight | Lord of the Rings The Two Towers Book Review – Conversation of Our Generation
- 199. Time to Fight | Lord of the Rings The Two Towers Book Review
- Sneak Peek | Course on The Golden Mean | Nichomachean Ethics, Book 1
- 198. How to Prevent Burnout
- 197. What is Virtue? | Book Review Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle
- 196. The Golden Mean
- 195. Take Responsibility and Bear Your Burden | The Fellowship of the Ring Book Review
- 194. How to Build A More Virtuous Society with The Vital Masculinity Podcast
- 193. Problems with Money | What Has Government Done to Our Money by Murray Rothbard
- 192. Traditional Architecture Lesson| History of the Pantheon and St. Peter's
- 191. The Road to Hell | Book Review of Notes from Underground by Dostoevsky