In keeping with this week’s episode on history, I decided to bring out a book from my library on history to review today. In this episode, we’ll look at some of the secrets of history from this book. Basically, this book is a collection of short stories that many may not know about American history. Despite being a history buff, I hadn’t heard many of the stories, so I think there’s a lot of learning for anyone. Tune into this episode, I’ll show you why you should pick up your copy.
“It’s a very good historical book about history.”Dan Quayle
“History’s like a story in a way: it depends on who’s telling it.”–Dorothy Salisbury Davis
Some Shocking Secrets of History
How much about history do you really know? Did you know about Aaron Burr’s debauchery? How about John Edwards’ wayward grand nephew? If you want to learn incredible stories about our past, this book is where you want to look. In fact, some of the stories are truly unbelievable. Despite that, these did happen, and I think you’d be amazed by some of these stories. It’s definitely important to know the broad themes and movements of history. However, these little stories are great to know as well, and can make for a great way to get people interested in history.
Why History is Important to Learn
History is a part of our heritage, and it’s important to know where we come from. Furthermore, knowing history allows us to identify solutions in our current situation. There’s a common saying that those who don’t study history are doomed to repeat it, and that’s true. Most importantly, it offers us the knowledge we need to make decisions about our world. This is because it puts things in perspective by broadening our frame of reference.
240. What happened to yesterday's episode? – Conversation of Our Generation
- 240. What happened to yesterday's episode?
- 239. Neo-paganism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 238. Postmodernism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 237. Scientism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 236. Materialism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 235. Naturalism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 234. The Golden Mean for Understanding Objective and Subjective Reality
- 233. Is Patriotism Good? | Reflections on the 4th of July
- 232. Unity of Subject and Object
- 231. What is Subjective Reality?