We recently looked at how much faster lies spread than the truth. But, I want to dive deeper to see how we’re being lied to and help you identify lies in headlines, articles, and assertions being put forward regularly. And so, this episode will help you spot the media’s lies, and will show you how to counteract them.
Destructiveness of the Media’s Lies
I think all of these little lies add up and make it difficult to trust any authority. But, if we sharpen our minds and are aware of the deception being presented, we can see the lies. Also, this tangled web is artfully articulated in Empire of Lies, which I reviewed last episode. The mainstream media’s lies are just like this tangled web Andrew Klavan describes.
“There are lies, damned lies and statistics.”–Mark Twain
Here are some of the ways the media lies to us:
- Outright Lies – This what you need to know section doesn’t answer the question being posed by those who question her legitimacy
- Lies of omission – This story is omitted, despite it’s far more heinous nature than that of Michael Brown, George Floyd, or Trayvon Martin.
- Lying through emphasis – They emphasize the Proud Boys’ background while saying the “Anti-fascists” are counter protesters. The so-called counter-protesters are the ones running into the video to start a fight.
- The lie of “changing their mind” – 6 years ago, Jake Tapper criticized the USPS for its inefficiency and inability to serve him. Will he change like the media did on war in the Middle East or “caging children” depending on who’s in power?
- Expert assurances – “Experts say” is a common phrase. But who are these experts? All too often they’re not experts in the field or are simply Left-leaning PhD holders.
Enjoy solving today’s problems with the wisdom of the past? Join the Conversation of Our Generation.
188. Finding Unity and Mending a Divided Nation – Conversation of Our Generation
- 188. Finding Unity and Mending a Divided Nation
- 187. The Common Sense We Need | Book Review
- 186. Smiles Matter, Problems With COVID Lockdowns
- 185. Civil Unrest in Shakespeare's Henry VI
- 184. Crazy Elections in America's Past
- 183. Top 25 Must Read Books for 2021
- 182. What Divides Libertarians – My Conversation with Sean Boston
- 181. Have a Merry Christmas!
- 180. Talking Politics And Virtue
- 179. Book Review | The Recovery of Family Life by Scott Yenor