Titus Andronicus is a beautiful tragedy out of the collection of William Shakespeare’s works. I think it’s important for modern people to read tragedies from the past. We are so disconnected from our history and heritage that it’s easy to dissociate from what they went through. Obviously, this is a fictional story; however, there is a way that we can see what our forefathers experienced in these stories. These are real depictions of what life was like, although fictionalized. And, in this book review, I’ll explain why you should read this masterpiece from Shakespeare.
“Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live.”-Robert Kennedy
Why You Should Read Titus Andronicus
Firstly, this play is a classic. Getting to know Shakespeare’s works is crucial for anyone trying to learn about Western Literature. Secondly, it is beautifully written. All of Shakespeare’s works are well-written, and this is no exception. The lofty rhetoric is something that I think we need more of in our society, especially with our current state of discourse so debased. Lastly, I thought it was a truly wonderful and fun story to read. The entire time I was reading it, I was wondering what would come next. And, the way it lays out is a great tragedy from which you can take valuable lessons.
Grab a copy of Titus Andronicus
While I don’t have this version of Titus Andronicus, I did use these a lot in high school for other Shakespearean plays. So, I trust the accuracy and notes that are there to help readers. I know you’ll be in good hands with this because it’s the publisher I used all through high school for my Shakespearean reading assignments.
Enjoy solving today’s problems with the wisdom of the past? Join the Conversation of Our Generation.
240. What happened to yesterday's episode? – Conversation of Our Generation
- 240. What happened to yesterday's episode?
- 239. Neo-paganism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 238. Postmodernism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 237. Scientism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 236. Materialism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 235. Naturalism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 234. The Golden Mean for Understanding Objective and Subjective Reality
- 233. Is Patriotism Good? | Reflections on the 4th of July
- 232. Unity of Subject and Object
- 231. What is Subjective Reality?