We all can fall to temptation, normally without even realizing it. The Screwtape Letters are a riveting series of story-like letters that show how people can be tempted to turn away from God. Whether or not you believe in God, this story can teach you how to beware the parts of human nature that steer you away from your purpose and towards self-destruction.
Lewis’ Screwtape Letters is a great read for people of all ages, at least from middle school on. It is the tale of two demons, an older and a younger trying to tempt a man to bring him to Hell. And, the older demon is advising his nephew on how to do this successfully. You’ll see all the subtle ways that demons can tempt you and pull your attention away from where it should be.
“Satan, the leader or dictator of devils, is the opposite, not of God, but of Michael.”-C.S. Lewis
Here’s where you can find Lewis’s major works.
My hope in reading this book is that you can be vigilant of the work the Devil and his minions do to pull your attention away from God. And, maybe you’ll see some of the seemingly innocuous things that you let slide, but really could be a demon at work.
Enjoy solving today’s problems with the wisdom of the past? Join the Conversation of Our Generation.
211. Elitism and Prideful Disdain | A Nasty Story by Fyordor Dostoevsky – Conversation of Our Generation
- 211. Elitism and Prideful Disdain | A Nasty Story by Fyordor Dostoevsky
- 210. Political Action and the Call to "Do Something"
- 209. Breaking the Rules of Philosophy
- 208. Failures of Modernity and Rationality
- 207. Was Lincoln a Good President?
- 206. What Is Distributism?
- 205. How to Criticize Government | Two Treatises on Government by John Locke
- 204. Defending Property Rights From Government and Big Tech
- 203. Why Christianity Is True | Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
- 202. Are Online Courses The Key to Education?
Subscribe to our email list for our Recommended Reading, reviews on books and other content that can grow your store of knowledge. New products will be coming soon, exclusively for subscribers.
Also, you can find me on YouTube Conversation of Our Generation YouTube Channel.