The Anatomy of the State is a great look into how the modern state operates. It is a guide to understanding how the idea of government has largely been perverted. This book review will dive into the book and the importance of Murray Rothbard.
It is in war that the State really comes into its own: swelling in power, in number, in pride, in absolute dominion over the economy and the society.-Murray Rothbard
The book is quick and easy to read. It is closer to a pamphlet than it is some large, dense nonfiction work. I liked that there are also plenty of footnotes and citations for you to examine and dive deeper into the topic if you’re interested.
This book is important largely due to the author, Murray Rothbard. His work is one of the major foundations on Libertarian thought, and if you wish to understand libertarians, it would be good to understand his ideas.
Furthermore, he is the basis for much of the libertarian understanding of economics. For me, he makes a convincing argument for his economic theory that I don’t think people can refute. To understand what we see today, we must look at the figures who brought us here. And, Murray Rothbard is one of those figures.
More Book Reviews:
And, if you’re interested in learning about other books, I have plenty of other reviews for you. If this book interests you, definitely grab your copy. And while you’re here, check out my list of book reviews to educate yourself on the wide range of topics I cover in the Conversation of Our Generation.
163. Book Review | The Analects, The Doctrine Of The Mean, and The Great Learning by Confucius – Conversation of Our Generation
- 163. Book Review | The Analects, The Doctrine Of The Mean, and The Great Learning by Confucius
- 162. How To Engage In Discussions – Conversation The WGN Podcast
- 161. Book Review | Titus Andronicus By William Shakespeare
- 160. Restoring Traditional Architecture – Zach the Architect Interview
- 159. Book Review | Jefferson’s Great Gamble by Charles Cerami [A look at the Louisiana Purchase]