I sat down with Matt Nunes, author of Last Call to learn what it takes to become a published author. If you’re interested in writing and publishing your work, this interview will give you what you need to get started. The insights Matt brings are great. I know I learned a lot, and I’m sure you will too. Listen or watch below.
Why we need more authors
It’s important not only to discuss ideas, but to write them down. I find that as I write, my ideas become clearer and better defined. If we are to improve our discourse we have to engage in long form conversations. And, books are a great way to have those extended, thought-out dialogues. Because I find that important, I sat down with Matt to have him explain what he did to become a published author.
Subscribe to watch the full interview.
That’s part of the Silver-Level subscription. Login or subscribe to watch.
“Every author in some way portrays himself in his works, even if it be against his will.”–Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Some of the keys of being an author we discussed:
- Different writing and editing processes
- Finding the right publisher
- The publishing process
- Working with an agent
- Differences between Fiction and Non-Fiction
More about the book and the author:
Last Call is the first of a series of mystery novels featuring former Naval Officer Paul Costa, a man who thought he was seeking a quieter life for himself and his daughter in civilian life, only to find the biggest threats still lie ahead.
Matt is a former Merchant Marine Officer, bartender and often times cog in the corporate machine. He has done a range of jobs to give him, which includes bartending – and that’s what gave him the idea for this book. Matt is an interesting person, and I’m glad to have the privilege to talk to him about how he completed this amazing feat. You can connect with him on Facebook, find him on Amazon, and learn more on Booksie.
188. Finding Unity and Mending a Divided Nation – Conversation of Our Generation
- 188. Finding Unity and Mending a Divided Nation
- 187. The Common Sense We Need | Book Review
- 186. Smiles Matter, Problems With COVID Lockdowns
- 185. Civil Unrest in Shakespeare's Henry VI
- 184. Crazy Elections in America's Past
- 183. Top 25 Must Read Books for 2021
- 182. What Divides Libertarians – My Conversation with Sean Boston
- 181. Have a Merry Christmas!
- 180. Talking Politics And Virtue
- 179. Book Review | The Recovery of Family Life by Scott Yenor