This is a great book that will help you understand the Supreme Court, how they make decisions, and how those decisions affect you. It’s a great look into the major cases that have shaped America, and most especially, American jurisprudence.
In light of my recent episode defending American values, I thought it would be good to talk more about one of the arenas where these values are put to the test, and at times, come to fruition. This is a great book to help you understand what was going through the minds of the Justices as they made their decisions. And, when the Supreme Court is making some insane decisions now, it’s a great reminder that these are fallible people and can be overturned.
“Whenever you put a man on the Supreme Court he ceases to be your friend.”–Harry S Truman
Looking to learn more about the Supreme Court? This book has 20 of the cases that shaped America, and the decisions that made them. https://conversationofourgeneration.com/2020/07/10/133-book-review–the-supreme-court-landmark-decisions-by-tony-mauro/Tweet
Enjoy solving today’s problems with the wisdom of the past? Join the Conversation of Our Generation.
235. Naturalism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly – Conversation of Our Generation
- 235. Naturalism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 234. The Golden Mean for Understanding Objective and Subjective Reality
- 233. Is Patriotism Good? | Reflections on the 4th of July
- 232. Unity of Subject and Object
- 231. What is Subjective Reality?
- 230. The Death of Socrates And What It Teaches Us Of Courage and Nobility
- 229. What is Objective Reality?
- 228. Peter Kreeft's Intro to the Summa Theologiae by St. Thomas Aquinas
- 227. You're Not A Monk | Unexpected Advice From a Priest
- 226. Nicomachean Ethics Book 2, Class 2