With leaders of the influential BLM movement claiming to be avowed Marxists, I think it’s good we look at what Marx and his followers believe. This book is a travel through the development of Marxist thought from simply economic to what it is today: an all-encompassing cultural push.
In this book, Sir. Roger Scruton follows the development of Marxist ideology from Post -war Europe to the 80’s and to today. This is actually the book that caused the first cancellation as he was ostracized from the University where he was teaching. He takes on a number of thinkers you’d know as well as many you may not know.
“The Marxist theory of ideology is extremely contentious, not least because it is tied to socio-economic hypotheses that are no longer believable.”–Roger Scruton
If you’re curious how the left has taken over institutions of education to help them peddle Marxism, this is how. The methods, jargon, and beliefs are laid out in this book for you to follow. Plus, you’ll have many excerpts from their works to see how they think, rather than only getting it second-hand. If you’re confused about the moment we’re in, this book will offer clarity.
Enjoy solving today’s problems with the wisdom of the past? Join the Conversation of Our Generation.
188. Finding Unity and Mending a Divided Nation – Conversation of Our Generation
- 188. Finding Unity and Mending a Divided Nation
- 187. The Common Sense We Need | Book Review
- 186. Smiles Matter, Problems With COVID Lockdowns
- 185. Civil Unrest in Shakespeare's Henry VI
- 184. Crazy Elections in America's Past
- 183. Top 25 Must Read Books for 2021
- 182. What Divides Libertarians – My Conversation with Sean Boston
- 181. Have a Merry Christmas!
- 180. Talking Politics And Virtue
- 179. Book Review | The Recovery of Family Life by Scott Yenor