I had the chance to sit down (virtually) with Brian Murphy and Stephen Sloyer from the Vital Masculinity Podcast to talk about some of the things that have been on our mind recently. Since it had been a while since we talked, we had a lot to cover. So, if you want to catch up, you can check out my previous conversation with the Vital Masculinity crew. But, you can also dive into the interview below.
In this interview with the Vital Masculinity crew:
- Justice, and the misconceptions about it in our culture
- How to talk about politics as a virtuous man
- The current political climate
- Great books we’re reading right now
- And much more…
Want to watch the full interview?
That’s part of the Silver-Level subscription. Login or subscribe to watch.
Let us stop pathologizing masculinity. Instead, let us appreciate the endless ways by which men and women are similar to one another, as well as the important ways in which the two sexes differ.-Gad Saad
Virtue Makes the Man…
Stephen and Brian reiterate this great piece of advice on their podcast each time they sign off. And, I argue that they are embodying this in what they do and talk about on their podcast. So, if you want to learn about the virtues and what it looks like to live them out, check out this conversation and their work.
The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.–Marcus Aurelius
About The Vital Masculinity Project
Our goal is to restore classical masculinity by encouraging men to pursue virtue and brotherhood. While there are many competing voices on manliness today, most have forgotten this foundation of character while instead focusing on externals. We strive to provide practical steps for all men to begin their journey to becoming virtuous. Visit our Journal for reflections virtue and manliness or check out our podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or any of your other favorite podcast providers to listen to rich conversations about them.
219. Why a Political Philosophy Is Important | Natural Law by Lysander Spooner – Conversation of Our Generation
- 219. Why a Political Philosophy Is Important | Natural Law by Lysander Spooner
- 218. Political Division in America – What's Causing it, and How Do We Fix It?
- 217. The Use of Comedy in Literature | Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors
- 216. Confronting Feminism and Media Bias with Traditional Values
- 215. How to Tolerate Injustice | Lesson from the Martyrdom of Polycarp
- 214. Finding Purpose As A Man In A Culture Hostile To Masculinity
- 213. How to Protect Privacy and Property from Big Tech
- 212. Antitrust and Big Tech | Why Conservatives Should Tread Carefully
- 211. Elitism and Prideful Disdain | A Nasty Story by Fyordor Dostoevsky
- 210. Political Action and the Call to "Do Something"