I had the chance to sit down (virtually) with Brian Murphy and Stephen Sloyer from the Vital Masculinity Podcast to talk about some of the things that have been on our mind recently. Since it had been a while since we talked, we had a lot to cover. So, if you want to catch up, you can check out my previous conversation with the Vital Masculinity crew. But, you can also dive into the interview below.
In this interview with the Vital Masculinity crew:
- Justice, and the misconceptions about it in our culture
- How to talk about politics as a virtuous man
- The current political climate
- Great books we’re reading right now
- And much more…
Let us stop pathologizing masculinity. Instead, let us appreciate the endless ways by which men and women are similar to one another, as well as the important ways in which the two sexes differ.-Gad Saad
Virtue Makes the Man…
Stephen and Brian reiterate this great piece of advice on their podcast each time they sign off. And, I argue that they are embodying this in what they do and talk about on their podcast. So, if you want to learn about the virtues and what it looks like to live them out, check out this conversation and their work.
The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.–Marcus Aurelius
About The Vital Masculinity Project
Our goal is to restore classical masculinity by encouraging men to pursue virtue and brotherhood. While there are many competing voices on manliness today, most have forgotten this foundation of character while instead focusing on externals. We strive to provide practical steps for all men to begin their journey to becoming virtuous. Visit our Journal for reflections virtue and manliness or check out our podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or any of your other favorite podcast providers to listen to rich conversations about them.
163. Book Review | The Analects, The Doctrine Of The Mean, and The Great Learning by Confucius – Conversation of Our Generation
- 163. Book Review | The Analects, The Doctrine Of The Mean, and The Great Learning by Confucius
- 162. How To Engage In Discussions – Conversation The WGN Podcast
- 161. Book Review | Titus Andronicus By William Shakespeare
- 160. Restoring Traditional Architecture – Zach the Architect Interview
- 159. Book Review | Jefferson’s Great Gamble by Charles Cerami [A look at the Louisiana Purchase]
- 158. Justice, Politics, Reading and More with The Vital Masculinity Podcast
- 157. Book Review | Letter to a Suffering Church by Bishop Robert Barron
- 156. Art From the Point of View of an Artist – Amy Mastrine Interview
- 155. Book Review | How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- 154. How To Become A Published Author