A lot of interesting conversations happened in the digital sphere, and I wanted to share a few with you that I found intriguing. This is obviously not a comprehensive list, but a curation of some things that caught my attention on a range of topics. You can share any great conversations with me here.
Here are this week’s Top Discussions:
Rational Optimism on The Jordan Peterson Podcast
The History of the Pantheon and St. Peter’s
And, I was able to talk to Frank Cunha III about Traditional Architecture. In this discussion, we went over the history of the Pantheon and St. Peter’s Basilica, and why those are important architectural monuments. You can watch the YouTube video here.
Artist & Icons
Matt Fradd of Pints with Aquinas talked to an artist and iconographer, Jonathan Pageau about how art affects us and can draw us in. Plus, he does a great job at juxtaposing pornography from iconography, and why they’re different.
Top Discussions on Social
What is Progress?
My Twitter thread sparked some interesting conversations on progress. I had trouble following the whole thing, but there were some interesting arguments being made. You just have to sift through some trolling and snide remarks to get there.
8 Facts, 8 Friends
8 Facts, 8 Friends got a lot of great discussions happening as well. This one is mine, but there were many other great ones as well. The Vital Masculinity Podcast got me involved in this thread, and Boston the Podcast Guy takes the prize for funniest iteration of this trend.
Want this sent to your inbox each week? You can keep up with the great discussions happening and join me in solving the problems of today with the wisdom of the past, you can sign up here.
219. Why a Political Philosophy Is Important | Natural Law by Lysander Spooner - Conversation of Our Generation
- 219. Why a Political Philosophy Is Important | Natural Law by Lysander Spooner
- 218. Political Division in America – What's Causing it, and How Do We Fix It?
- 217. The Use of Comedy in Literature | Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors
- 216. Confronting Feminism and Media Bias with Traditional Values
- 215. How to Tolerate Injustice | Lesson from the Martyrdom of Polycarp