I hate to admit that Tom Brady is the GOAT. As a Colts fan, it really pains me, but he proved it this week, even if some may not agree. But, the Super Bowl isn’t the only thing that happened this week. Lots of great conversations happened on Twitter, podcasts, and here at the Conversation of Our Generation. Keep reading to see what caught my attention this week.
Top Podcasts This Week
This week’s Pints with Jack episode was great. David talked to Jason Lepojärvi about love, sex, and marriage, and I walked away with some tremendous insights. The richness that Jason brought to the conversation was great. If you haven’t been following Matt and David as they go through the Screwtape Letters, you should.
There was also a great conversation on religiosity and secularism on the Rubin Report. His roundtable with Peter Boghossian, Eric Metaxas, Rabbi Wolpe confronted problems facing our culture from different perspectives.
- Is a strong central government preferable? @TheClassicalCon and I discussed this here, looking at different times the central government stepped in and what the result was.
- An interesting thread about religion and dogma came up. @H_0_N_0_R was charitable and thought-provoking. I hadn't really heard the points he brought up before, and it was fun to engage with new ideas.
- And, there was some good discussion about the Super Bowl. Instead of watching it, Frank Cunha decided to read some of The Aureus Press's book.
Stephen and Brian from The Vital Masculinity Podcast joined me again for a great conversation about how to build a virtuous society. As always, it was a great conversation with the guys, as we discussed friendship, virtue, and much more confronting our society.
Also, I was a guest on The Survival Podcast. Jack and I discussed how to have productive conversations ordered toward truth. Instead of trying to win an argument, we talked about how to dialogue with someone in a way that you grow together.
Want this sent to your inbox each week? If you want to keep up with the great discussions happening and join me in solving the problems of today with the wisdom of the past, you can sign up here.
219. Why a Political Philosophy Is Important | Natural Law by Lysander Spooner - Conversation of Our Generation
- 219. Why a Political Philosophy Is Important | Natural Law by Lysander Spooner
- 218. Political Division in America – What's Causing it, and How Do We Fix It?
- 217. The Use of Comedy in Literature | Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors
- 216. Confronting Feminism and Media Bias with Traditional Values
- 215. How to Tolerate Injustice | Lesson from the Martyrdom of Polycarp