About the author, Dale Carnegie
Dale Carnegie’s life is a story of success – a true rags to riches tale. Though he shares the last name of the steel titan, Andrew Carnegie, they aren’t related. Dale Carnegie actually changed the spelling of his last name to match the industrialist’s spelling to gain clout. But, this book review is not about that. It’s a look at How to Win Friends & Influence People, a fantastic guide to dealing with people.
Why I chose to review this book:
I found this book tremendously helpful as I left college and entered the business world. It was difficult to talk to experienced professionals, and I needed a confidence boost. Before graduating college, I worked in retail and had no problem talking to customers. But, being thrust into a new world, I was out of my element and needed help. If you ask me, this book is a must-read for anyone looking to lead a successful life.
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”–Dale Carnegie
Readability of the book:
I find it easily readable. Written in a conversational tone, it’s like he’s transcribing some advice he gave a friend. The stories are intriguing, although sometimes a bit outlandish. That said, the lessons you draw from them make it feel more like a parable than a lie or hyperbole.
Grab your copy of How to Win Friends & Influence People here.
Sections of the book:
- Twelve Things This Book Will Do For You
- Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
- Six Ways to Make People Like You
- Twelve Ways to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
240. What happened to yesterday's episode? – Conversation of Our Generation
- 240. What happened to yesterday's episode?
- 239. Neo-paganism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 238. Postmodernism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 237. Scientism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 236. Materialism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 235. Naturalism & The Human Person | The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- 234. The Golden Mean for Understanding Objective and Subjective Reality
- 233. Is Patriotism Good? | Reflections on the 4th of July
- 232. Unity of Subject and Object
- 231. What is Subjective Reality?
Leave a Reply