If you’re looking for a better understanding of statistics and what they mean, Outliers, is a really interesting look into how trends can really affect individual outcomes en masse.
“What do we tell our children? Haste makes waste. Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don’t judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.”Malcolm Gladwell
Outliers is a look into the trends that create incredible anomalies and the people who are there, ready and willing, to take advantage of a moving wave. I look at success a lot like surfing: in order to ride the wave to shore, you need to be there, see the right wave, and know how to ride it. This book tells you all about the waves, and the people who were poised to ride them in to shore.
If you’d like to understand how greatness comes about by being the one to see the trend and make the best of it, this is the book for you. It may not teach you how to identify the right trends as it chalks much of the success up to intuition, but it will show you what many successful people have done to see an opportunity and seize it.
What is Virtue? | Book Review Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle – Conversation of Our Generation
- What is Virtue? | Book Review Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle
- The Golden Mean
- Take Responsibility and Bear Your Burden | The Fellowship of the Ring Book Review
- Problems with Money | What Has Government Done to Our Money by Murray Rothbard
- Traditional Architecture Lesson| History of the Pantheon and St. Peter’s
- 190. Saving the Family From our Culture – Scott Yenor Interview
- 189. Learn How to Discuss Ideas from Plato’s Symposium
- 188. Finding Unity and Mending a Divided Nation