If you’re looking for a better understanding of statistics and what they mean, Outliers, is a really interesting look into how trends can really affect individual outcomes en masse.
“What do we tell our children? Haste makes waste. Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don’t judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.”Malcolm Gladwell
Outliers is a look into the trends that create incredible anomalies and the people who are there, ready and willing, to take advantage of a moving wave. I look at success a lot like surfing: in order to ride the wave to shore, you need to be there, see the right wave, and know how to ride it. This book tells you all about the waves, and the people who were poised to ride them in to shore.
If you’d like to understand how greatness comes about by being the one to see the trend and make the best of it, this is the book for you. It may not teach you how to identify the right trends as it chalks much of the success up to intuition, but it will show you what many successful people have done to see an opportunity and seize it.
174. Reviving Traditional Art – Conversation of Our Generation
- 174. Reviving Traditional Art
- 173. Book Review | The Prince By Niccolo Machiavelli
- 172. Power of Ancient and Esoteric Wisdom
- 170. Culture From the Conservative Perspective – Alan Cornett Interview
- 169. Book Review | State of the Nullification Movement
- 168. Drawn in by Beauty – Stained Glass Zealot Interview
- 167. Book Review | Nineteenth-Century Thought by Richard Schoenwald
- 166. Election Thoughts, Libertarianism, ACB and More with Sean Boston
- 164. Dispelling Common Catholic History Myths